What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that begins in the breast tissue. It’s the most common type of cancer affecting women in Canada. One in 9 women will develop breast cancer at some point during their lifetime.
The different types of breast cancer?
There are many different variations of the disease that fall under the breast cancer umbrella. Among them:
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (early stage)
- Lobular carcinoma in situ (early stage)
- Invasive ductal breast cancer
- Invasive lobular breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Paget’s disease
- Rare types
The symptoms, prognosis and treatment for breast cancer can vary considerably depending on the type.