1. Deep breathing while he's getting on his knee
You're not exactly sure what's happening. All you know is that you don't want to have a panic attack IF he proposes.
2. Trying not to jump to conclusions
Maybe he dropped his keys? Keep cool. Keep calm.
3. The surprise face and sudden flow of tears
OMG this is happening! This is really happening! The world is amazing. EVERYTHING is amazing.
4. Saying yes before he even finishes his question
He pulls out the ring and begins to ask... Before he can finish you've already snatched the ring and put it on your finger.
5. The "I just KNEW he was going to ask"
After the shock subsides, you insist you've known all along. How? Because you're so entwined with your lover you're practically twinsies with telepathic powers. Duh!
6. A thorough examination of the ring
"Hmm... I wonder how much this cost?"
7. Deciding that "it'll do"
Yup. Your honey has great taste. It's part of the reason you're madly in love.
8. Forgetting all the times they've pissed you off
Nothing even matters because you just flew first class to cloud 9 and it's notably cozy there.
9. Giving the most passionate kiss ever
Just a little teaser of what's to come later.
10. Excusing yourself to the bathroom so you can...
Suddenly life is a musical.
11. Pinching yourself
Have to make sure you're not 1. Dreaming or 2. Dead.
12. Kissing the haters goodbye.
For all those who thought he'd NEVER pop the question.
13. Realizing you'll have a cuddle buddy forever and ever
And it's almost too much to take.
14. Wondering who to tell first
Mom or BFF?
15. Mom... so she can FINALLY stop nagging
16. BFF... But not to brag or anything
Ok... maybe just a little.
17. Tossing all your dating self help books
Welp. Won't be needing those anymore.
18. Deciding how to announce it on social media
"Should I use a corny caption? 'Shine Bright Like A Diamond' or 'He Put a Ring on It'?" Decisions. Decisions.
19. Filter or no filter?
Of course no filter! #FilterForWhat?
20. "Can I go shopping for dresses tomorrow or...?"
Because you fully understand the importance of mastering your twirl.
Are you engaged or married? What are some of the stages you went through when they popped the big question? Tweet us @wewomenCA