Obviously stuffing yourself with cookies in front of the TV isn't going to help. If you really want to lose some weight, you need to do something about it and be patient. Here are some simple rules to stick to and stick on your fridge.
1. Never do your shopping on an empty stomach - you'll end up putting half the sweet section in your trolley.
2. If you need to lose a bit of weight, don't put it off until tomorrow. If you want to lose it, start eating healthy now!
3. Take that photo of Gisele Bündchen with your head stuck over hers off your fridge and replace it with a particularly unflattering one of you. It'll stop you from giving in when you get tempted to open the fridge in the middle of the night!
4. Tell yourself you'll never regret NOT having eaten the brownie in front of you, but you know you WILL regret eating it if you do. Which is best?
5. Add draining plant-based health drinks to your daily intake of at least 1.5 litres of water to help prevent storage of fat and reduce bloating.
6. Plan healthy snacks for when you get tempted: carrots, celery, cucumber, chopped mushrooms, yogourts, etc.
7. Ban yourself from using the lift. Climb the stairs to tone your legs and get your heart rate going.
8. Have a bowl of chunky vegetable soup as a starter to fill you up.
9. If you give in to temptation and pig out on a fatty meal drowned in sauce, don't get discouraged and don't beat yourself up. It happens to everyone. BUT get back on track straight away the next day and make up for your sins.
10. If you travel by public transport, get off at the stop before yours and walk the rest of the way home. Walking is the best sport there is and you can do it anywhere at any time. Take your MP3 player along for company.