How hair works
Our hair has a limited life span and constantly renews itself thoughout life in cycles, of which there are between 20 and 30 in one lifetime.
Hair care for hair growth
The weather, poor diet, products, pollution and more environmental factors all make our hair fragile. To help your hair grow, first of all you need to take good care of it. Here's how:
- Use shampoo that’s suitable for your hair type and alternate with gentle shampoo so you treat your hair as carefully as possible whilst giving it the care it needs.
- Use nourishing masks on dry ends. Long hair needs special care over all the lenghts.
- Try nutritional supplements and trace elements. Take a 3-month course of trace element capsules or regeneration capsules to combat the effects of the seasons. Supplements such as calcium, iron, magnesium and mineral salts also nourish the hair from the inside.
- Massage your scalp regularly yourself, or get someone else to do it for you. Massage stimulates the circulation and oxygenation of the scalp and encourages growth.
- Throw away your old brush and replace it with a brush made from natural fibres, preferably wild boar hair. When blow drying your hair, don't hold the dryer too close to your head.
Tips and treatment for hair growth
Our hair grows around 1 cm per month. The following remedies may help speed up the process...
Cut your hair on a full moon
The most common old wives' tale goes: if you cut your hair on a full moon it will grow twice as fast. Well, it costs nothing to try...
Brewer’s yeast is natural, and not harmful. Taken as a supplement, it helps both hair and nail growth.
Don't fall for ‘miracle’ shampoos that promise 5cm growth in 3 weeks. You need to ask yourself what ingredients are used to provide such a result. These shampoos, lotions and other magic textures usually dry hair out and strip away its vitality. Go for anti hair loss treatments instead, but don't over-use them or they will stop having an effect.
We recommend mixing 5 to 7 drops of rosemary essential oil with gentle shampoo to strengthen hair and stimualte growth. It’s healthy, inexpensive and worth it! You can also try argan, coco, sweet almond, grapeseed, olive, wheat germ or castor oil - anything nourishing is good for your hair!