1. Ask your taken friends if they know any great single guys. But never, we repeat NEVER, ask a single girl to set you up. If he's so great, why isn't she with him? (We'll give a pass if he's related to her.)
2. Smile. At everyone. Especially cute guys. But really, everyone.
3. Get a great pair of chandelier earrings. They're eye-catching and they bring attention to your gorgeous face as well as the curves of your neck. They're fun to wear and an instant confidence booster.
4. Dress comfortably - but not too comfortably. You're much more likely to loosen up if you're wearing something you feel good in. Skip the dress that requires lots of tugging and adjusting. Invest in a few great-fitting pieces and curate foolproof outfits that you feel good - and a little sexy! - in.
5. Hit up a workout class that's likely to have at least a few dudes. (Maybe skip Zumba this time.) Being around guys at a vulnerable state (no makeup, lots of sweat) will help you become more comfortable around the opposite sex. If you can survive that scenario, think about how great you'll feel all done up!
7. Make small talk with one new guy every day. Maybe it's the cute guy in your building or a handsome stranger at Starbucks. Striking up conversation with others is great practice and hey, you never know which convo may stick!
8. Try out an online dating site. If you're not ready to invest, look for free profile options. Check out our picks for ten of the best online dating sites.
9. Like a guy? Touch his arm. Seriously. Do it. Touch it lightly during conversation, when he makes you laugh or when you're making a point.
10. Join a local rec league. It's a great way to meet people and get in a good workout. Bonus: the guys usually outnumber the girls.
11. Set your sights on a cute guy, literally. If your eyes lock, don't look away immediately! Try to hold eye contact for a few seconds before smiling and turning.
12. Try something new. Maybe it's a cooking or a wine class, or perhaps you're checking out a new neighbourhood bar or checking out the local music scene. You never know who you'll meet somewhere you haven't been before.
13. RSVP to the next three events you're invited to. Whether it's a friend's party, an event for your alma mater's alumni association, or a business happy hour. Say yes and actually go. You may be surprised by who you meet!
14. Have an opener. It's okay to humble brag a little bit! Instead of saying, "I work out all the time!" try something like, "I recently ran a half-marathon. It was amazing!"
15. Zone in on your own body language. How are you coming across to others? If you're not sure, ask your friends or your sister to be brutally honest with you. Practise a relaxed, natural stance and keep your arms uncrossed at all times.
16. Hit happy hour with two friends. A group of three is always a safe bet. When there's just two of you, a guy is less likely to walk up and interrupt your conversation!
17. Stroke his ego. Compliment him on something genuinely, like the shirt he's wearing, a recent win at work he's told you about, or (slightly jokingly) his good taste in women!
18. Take a walk. Go for a solo stroll around your neighbourhood (during the day, of course). Be open to talk to anyone you come across! Especially if they're cute.
19. Find a lipstick, lip gloss, or lip balm that you feel good in. Wear it often. (Nothing too sticky while your hair is down.) Talk to a makeup artist or sales associate to find what flatters your colouring and features if you're not sure what to get.
20. Master the perfect updo: a sleek pony, a romantic French twist or a messy chignon. You no longer have an excuse to be bummed on a bad hair day. Just put it up! Hair off of your face shows off your neck and if your hair is looking sassy you'll be sending out all the right signals.
21. Laugh. Have a trusty funny line, whether it's about the latest episode of Girls (guys watch it too!) or a little joke about the bar that you're currently inhabiting. Show him you've got a killer sense of humour and you're not afraid to use it.
22. Subtly draw attention to your body. Rub a kink out of your neck, lick your lips, fluff your hair. Nothing too over the top, just be naturally in tune with yourself and your body.
23. Stay optimistic. Men love women with a positive outlook. Make sure anything you're saying that could be construed as a complaint doesn't sound like one. (i.e. "Oh my gosh, it's freezing outside!" sounds a lot better than, "I hate this cold weather.")
24. Accept compliments with grace! Smile, say 'thank you' and move on. Don't dwell on the subject and certainly don't disagree with the person paying you the compliment! ("Nah, I feel gross today.")
25. Ask him out. If you like a guy, don't be afraid to make the first move. It can be something so simple as, "Oh, I go to that gym too! We should grab juice afterward sometime."
26. Buy the next round. Men are turned on by women who take charge and seem financially secure. It'll show that you're not just there for the free drinks.
27. If you're scoping out men at a bar, pick a place that's not too crowded and not too empty. Stay planted in your spot for a while - if you're moving around a lot, no one will be able to catch you!
28. Stand up straight. Nothing says confidence like a strong stance and great posture. While you're at it, make sure you're sitting up straight, too!
29. Zone in on the person you're with. Whether it's a current crush or a girlfriend you're chatting with while hoping to check out guys at the local bar scene, focus on your conversation. Don't look around for the next best thing; be present in the moment and show that you are real and genuine.
30. Adapt a different perspective. Instead of being bummed that you're single, make the most of being on your own! Men fall in love with you when you're living in the moment and having fun. You won't be flying solo for long!
Got any more great tips on how to find a boyfriend? Tweet us @wewomenCA!