1. You will come across some weird people, certifiably weird...
Social networks attract countless people from all walks of life. It appears that certain strange specimens meet up on Tinder! You'll find questionable profiles time and again. The trick: take things lightly.
2. If there are two guys in a profile photo... the account belongs to the one who is less cute.
The more you surf through Tinder, the greater your chances of landing on a profile photo showing two or more people... Dilemma: who among them is the proprietor of the profile? The question is not always easy to answer...
3. Choose your profile picture wisely.
Depending on your motivation for using the site, be careful of the message that you send to others. You only get one chance to make a first impression. A photo that shows you in a good light and a catchy and intelligent blurb go a long way!
4. If you are romantic and even a bit of a dreamer, you might want to rethink your choice.
Tinder is primarily for fun. If you are looking for a long-term relationship, the person with whom you will spend the rest of your life, we can only say that you're in the wrong place. Put down the phone and pretend that nothing has happened.
5. There will come a dependency phase...
If you need a little bit of self-esteem, Tinder is for you. It acts like a personal digital assistant who tells you every morning, “You are beautiful!” Hard not to appreciate that. Also, hard to let it go.
6. In interpersonal relationships, there is always a margin of error. On your cell phone, that margin is REALLY BIG.
The application is based on information from your Facebook profile as well as your list of "I like..." We cannot very well ask miracles of a machine that simply cross-references data...
7. Participating in Tinder will lead to a rethinking of your whole life.
The fateful moment will arrive when you wonder how and why you listed on Tinder. You will surely want to rebuild the entire society from scratch. Rest assured, we all go through this phase!
8. Regardless of their intentions, guys almost always misinterpret ours.
The real truth is that almost all we girls use Tinder for a little boost of self-esteem. Take any 10 girls: one seeks an adventure, two hope to find a date, and the others just want a little attention (let's face it!). It is difficult for a man to know where you stand in those statistics.
In summary, it is better to not take Tinder (too) seriously. If you are looking desperately for love with a capital L, it might be necessary to rethink your tactics. You may wind up with a broken heart. On dating sites, unpredictability is the law and openness is your best ally!
You might also like :
10 Types Of Guys You Should Date Before You Settle Down
10 Reasons You're Never Going to Meet Anyone In A Bar
These 14 Reasons Are Probably Why You're Single
The Best Dating Apps (Besides Tinder) You Need to Try in 2015