© 3 Suisses
OK, flats might be comfortable to walk in but you need to wear with care...and speaking of care, start by making sure your feet are in a fit state to be seen!
- If you want gorgeous summer feet, a pedi is in order. If you want to show off immaculate toes, there's no other way. Whether you paint your nails scarlet or leave them au naturel, you omantic pink or a French manicure, your toenails should be perfect!
- Flat shoes can look casual, so if you're dressing to impress compensate with a glam handbag or accessories. Chic silk and satin dress up outfits a treat.
- Go for fine, elegant sandals if you're worried about looking clumpy or big-footed. Avoid thick soles, OTT detailing and big buckles. Discreet and minimalist are key-words if you want to look girly and dainty!
- Flats go with almost anything, but bear in mind you'll not get that extra half an inch in them. Obviously, baggy jeans will drown you out. One fashion faux pas to avoid is flats with knee-length dresses, which break up your leg. On the other hand, flats look great with ankle-length maxi dresses.
- This season's flats are nothing if not sexy: sassy, bejewelled, metallic designs adorned with diamonds, decorated with beads and gems of all colours. Some of them are like pieces of jewellery in their own right, so if you go for ornate flats, be careful not to overdo your accessories.