Cooking with potatoes: Good honest food|
Cooking with potatoes: Good honest food
A hearty meal perfect for feeding a hungry family.
400g medium potatoes, diced
1 tbsp oil
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 onion, chopped
½ x 30g pack fajita seasoning mix
2 medium eggs
How to make:
1. Boil the potatoes for approx 8 minutes until tender, drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry pepper and onion for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the fajita seasoning with 4 tbsp water.
4. Stir in the potatoes and fry for 1 minute.
5. Transfer to a heatproof serving dish, make 2 hollows in the mixture and crack in the eggs.
6. Place under a grill for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve this with grilled bacon, for a tasty brunch.
And if all of this potato talk has inspired you, why not follow journalist Dawn Porter, who is undertaking the Potato Challenge, eating a balanced diet with one potato meal a day for 4 weeks. That could be taking potato love a step too far, but we're intrigued - will she actually turn into one? Find out with her online video blogs.
Article Plan Cooking with potatoes: Good honest food ▼