JJ Comestibles Cranberry-Orange Golden Granola
JJ Comestibles Cranberry-Orange Golden Granola Recipe
- 4 cups Whole Flake Oats
- 1 cup Chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup Large Flaked unsweetened Coconut
- 3 whole oranges
- 2 1/2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Celsius.
2. In a food processor, blitz the cranberries and oranges (chopped into chunks, rind and all!) until it has a mix of pea-sized chunks and smaller. Set aside.
3. Place honey and oil in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat until warmed through, whisk well together to incorporate.
4. Combine oats, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed together.
5. Pour the warm oil-honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well to combine with a spatula, ensuring each flake is well coated.
6. Pour the orange cranberry mixture over the oat mixture and stir well to combine.
7. Divide mixture into 2, spreading each half directly onto a parchment lined cookie sheet or brownie pan.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, stir and break up clumps. Bake for another 20 minutes, stir and break up clumps. Bake for another 20 minutes and stir to break up the clumps. Turn the oven down to 200 and let sit in the oven until it becomes almost dry and crispy, around another 30 minutes give or take. Turn the oven off and let sit in the oven overnight to crisp up the granola. Alternatively, if you have a dehydrator, after baking the granola in the oven for the first 40 minutes, remove from the oven and distribute the granola among your lined dehydrator tracks, set the temperature to 165 degrees, and dehydrate for 8 hours or so to get the perfect crispness, without over-cooking in the oven. This is the JJC touch.
9. Once dried, feel free to put additional goodies in your granola, such as other dried fruits, chocolate bits, etc. Store in a glass jar with a cinnamon stick and star anise inside the jar. Keep on your counter, and have snack portion ready in your bag whenever a crunchy granola craving hits you!