© Cuisinez cru/Solar
Preparation time: 20 minutes - Setting aside time: 1 hour - For 4 people
- 400g topside of veal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chive
- 2 avocados
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper
1. Place the meat in the freezer compartment of your fridge for an hour so that it hardens.
2. During this time, prepare the sauce: in a large bowl, mix the mustard with crème fraîche, Espelette pepper, paprika, a pinch of pepper, a pinch of salt and the chive. Put in the fridge.
3. Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones, hollow out the flesh with a spoon and dice it. Place into a large salad bowl, cover immediately with lime juice, add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
4. Take the meat out of the freezer, cut into small cubes with a sharp knife. Add half of the sauce to it.
5. Drain the diced avocado and share out over four plates. Make balls of veal tartare and place them on the plates. Serve immediately, before the avocado darkens.
Tip: For a more refined version, use large stemmed glasses and layer your diced avocado sauce and meat, finishing with a layer of avocado. Decorate with a sun-dried tomato and serve immediately.