© Cuisiner cru/Solar
Preparation time: 15 minutes - Setting aside time: 15 minutes - For 4 people
- 2 cucumbers
- 125g crème fraîche (or smooth natural yogourt)
- 1 bunch of tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- rock salt, pepper
1. Peel the cucumbers, cut them in four lengthways, remove the central part that contains the seeds and cut the skin into small cubes. Pour into a strainer, cover with coarse salt and leave for 15 minutes (this makes the cucumber easier to digest).
2. Rinse the cucumber cubes under fresh water, drain and dry them in kitchen paper. Place them in a large salad bowl.
3. In a bowl, whip the crème fraîche with the vinegar, olive oil and pepper. Wash the tarragon, dry it in kitchen paper and cut it finely over the bowl.
4. Pour the tarragon cream over the cucumber cubes, mixing slowly, and take out of the fridge just before serving.
The Indian version of this recipe involves mixing yogourt, crushed garlic and freshly cut mint, then adding curry powder at the end.