© Cuisiner Cru/Solar
Preparation time: 15 minutes - Marinade time: 10 minutes - For 4 people
- 12 scallops with the coral removed
- 2 limes
- 4 tabelspoons olive oil (or argan oil)
- sea salt and whole peppercorns
1. Dry the scallops in kitchen paper and place on a chopping board. Cut thinly into even slices.
2. Cover four plates completely with olive oil (or argan oil) using a brush, spread the slices of scallop over it, sprinkle with sea salt and crushed pepper, dampen with the rest of the olive oil and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Wash the limes, dry on kitchen paper, grate the zest of one of them over the carpaccio, squeeze its juice and pour over the scallops. Serve fresh with the second lime cut into quarters.
Tip: Argan oil, whic comes from Morroco, is very rare and very expensive. Its hazelnut and almond taste is like nothing else and you only need a tiny amount of it to give this carpaccio a really surprising flavour.