Gorgonzola with caramelised red peppers tartlets
Gorgonzola with caramelized red peppers tartlets © Top Hat
Gorgonzola with caramelized red peppers tartlets
Thankfully supermarkets have worked taken the strain out of this canapé. You can now buy tart cases or croustades. Easy!
1 pack croustades (24 normally in a pack)
3 red pepper
20g unsalted butter
2 sprigs rosemary
1 tbsp caster sugar
115g cream cheese
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
How to make:
1. Slice peppers into thin strips, removing all membrane and gently fry with butter, rosemary (the whole sprig is fine) and sugar.
2. This slowly caramelizes the peppers without colouring.
3. Mix cream cheese and gorgonzola until smooth.
4. To assemble, put a teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the croustades and a curl of caramelized peppers and garnish with a leaf of parsley.
5. This can all be made in advance – don’t assemble until 30 minutes before serving.