Asparagus and Pea Risotto
“This is a dinner party must-do dish.” Tiffany Goodall
600ml chicken or vegetable stock
4 spring onions, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
½ green chili, de-seeded and chopped finely
150g Arborio rice
½ glass of white wine
Half a bundle (approx. 125g) British asparagus
100g British peas
2 tbsp (10g) grated parmesan
3 tbsp (85g) crème fraiche
Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
Handful of chives, chopped finely
How to make:
1. Place the stock on a slow heat and keep it there whilst you are making your risotto.
2. In a separate large pan melt your butter and then add the spring onions, garlic and chili and sweat until soft for 5 minutes.
3. Then add the Arborio rice and mix round well so it absorbs all the flavours, before adding the white wine.
4. When the white wine has been absorbed, add the British asparagus spears and start adding ladleful by ladleful of stock, adding the next one when one has been absorbed.
5. After 15 minutes of continual stirring and adding the stock, taste and adjust the seasoning and then add the peas.