1. The woman he SLEEPS with is his 12AM booty call
When he's out and about with friends and isn't getting lucky it's OK. He always knows he has someone to call.
2. The woman he LOVES he'll make sacrifices for
That means ditching the guys to spend time with his missus and doing things (i.e. shopping) that he wouldn't normally want to do. Because, well, he loves her.
3. The woman he SLEEPS with can do whatever she wants
In a no strings attached kinda thing, he doesn't need to worry about how she's doing or what's she's up to. They may not talk for one week, one month - it's whatever-whenever.
4. The woman he LOVES gets him worried
The more he falls for her the more he wants to protect her. If she doesn't call or isn't responding to his texts, no doubt, he'll show concern. And jealousy? Don't even.
5. The woman he SLEEPS with is 'just for fun'
"Never say no" is the motto. If ANY man's offered, she'll take it. Trust us, we know what we're talking about (it's in Murphy's Law On Sex).
6. The woman he LOVES is special
He always has a big cheesy grin on his face when he introduces her to new people and he'll make sure they all know her name. Why? Because he wants them to appreciate her as much as he does.
7. The woman he SLEEPS with is convenient
She probably has very little expectations (that's casual sex for you). So for him it's GREAT. Especially if he's busy with studying or his career. No emotions, no money, and ZERO investment. Not a bad deal, eh?
8. The woman he LOVES gets surprises
When a guy's in love he likes to shower her with gifts. And not because women love material things (OK, just a little bit). But because he wants to see her happy! Nothing is more gratifying than making your girl smile.
9. The woman he SLEEPS with is shown her way out
After sex, there's no other reason for her to stick around. Cuddling? After-sex chat? No way.
10. The woman he LOVES leaves her things at his place
His home is her home away from home. Her tooth brush and spare clothes always have a place at his. And if she's really lucky, he'll even do her laundry. Yup!
11. The woman he SLEEPS with isn't treated
For guys, casual sex is casual sex. But there are always women who think they can eventually change their minds. This is where they go wrong. Once a woman gives it all away he has no other reason to pursue her.
12. The woman he LOVES teaches him how she wants to be treated
Men screw up. Yes. Not by cheating standards (there is zero tolerance for that of course), mainly just in small ways that piss us off and make us feel less worthy than we really are.
But the thing is, men depend on women to show them how they want to be loved. And if he really loves you he WILL do anything to live up to your standards. Even if it takes some time, it's a learning process and he respects you for that.
13. The woman he SLEEPS with doesn't need to be his type
In other words, she doesn't need an amazing personality or gorgeous looks to get in bed with him. When it comes to sleeping around it's true what they say; 'pussy has no face'.
14. The woman he LOVES is his dream girl
He thinks she's the hottest thing in town. Her ditziness and stretch marks? Doesn't matter. In his eyes, she is perfect.
15. The woman he SLEEPS with plays by his rules
If he wants something he knows who to call. Hey, it's the only real fail-safe method for men.
16. The woman he LOVES isn't afraid to lay down the rules
His girl knows what she's worth and she's not wasting any time on men who keep her guessing or who treats her like crap. She knows her value and he LOVES her for that.
17. The woman he SLEEPS with only gets one thing
It's a mutual agreement (at least HE thinks it is). If she wants to have sex he has no problem fulfilling her needs - vice versa. It's that simple and she ain't getting nothin' else.
18. The woman he LOVES drives him crazy (in a BIG way)
This guy is so high on love that when they're together he can't keep his hands off her. Hugs, kisses, PDA? He. Wants. It. All.
19. The woman he SLEEPS with is temporary
In time, he'll lose interest and find a new f*ck buddy. That's just the way it goes. It's all about physical gratification not emotional mumbo-jumbo.
20. The woman he LOVES is his future
He can't imagine life without her. Wherever she is, is home.
Do you agree? Are there any other differences between love and lust? Tweet us @wewomenCA!
You may also like: