1. The moment of childbirth is 100 % unpredictable. Of course, it is smart to know how you want it to go and to prepare yourself mentally and physically, but the birth of a baby will never go as planned. It was right to plan everything, to go to all the prenatal classes, but no woman can prevent pre-eclampsia or the baby's heart rate from going awry. Still, babies always end up being born, which is the most important thing.
2. The little things in life (smiles and laughter, tumbling and babbling) become the best part of the day and fill us with joy. No amount of money could buy that. We wouldn't exchange it for a million dollars!
3. We are all fabulous mothers even before actually having a child. But being a mom for real is completely different from anything we might had imagined. About 86% of our preconceived notions fly out the window during the first year. But despite all the unexpected, we are all super-moms.
4. It's a challenge to begin the most difficult job of your life just when you are most in need of a rest. You need to know how to take one day at a time and not be overwhelmed by all chores and details that can wait their turn.
5. A mother never finishes doing the laundry and housekeeping. You may well be the most efficient mom in the world, but there is ALWAYS something else to wash. Accepting that reality is half the battle!
6. We gradually realize that some problems have no solutions, but you will be misled if you were to believe all the free advice out there. This frustration – which comes from thinking that you're in control when you really aren't - is (almost) as bad as the problems themselves.
7. As a mom, you feel a kind of happiness that you never felt before and you soon understand all the clichés about being a parent. It's a pleasure that may not come in the first moment, but don't fear, you can't escape it.
8. The heart of a mother is no longer her own. It is capable of more love than you had ever imagined. From the moment a child is born, it takes with it the heart of its mother. You will be aware of your child's needs, both physical and emotional, until the last second of your life.
9. Success lies in the willingness to improve. Being a better mom today than you were yesterday is within your power. Try new things, learn from your mistakes, and you wind up managing just fine. After all, you have only one life to live!
10. Some days are tedious, other normal. Some days will seem difficult, others will be simply incredible. Motherhood is like being on a roller coaster ride, everyday. You can often be overwhelmed by an inexplicable wave of emotion. It's real nevertheless.
11. We all make mistakes. Like it or not, we can't be perfect. When it happens, we learn from our actions and life goes on! No point in feeling guilty. In any case, your children will always end up blaming you for something. That's life!
You Might Also Like :
10 Reactions Your Friends & Family Have When You Tell Them You're Preggo
Mood Swings Every Mom-to-Be Will Have During Pregnancy
The Professional, The Chiller Or The Monster: The 8 Types of Women We Turn Into When We Give Birth